Practical & Convenient
Get that extra space you need without having to move or extend your current home.
We offer complete planning, design and construction packages, making things simpler.
Built to Specification
We offer a wide range of sizes and layouts to suit your specific requirements.
Don't like the traditional look? Take a look at our Inovar range!
Extra space at home
A wonderful way to enjoy your garden. Norwegian Log garden rooms offer it all, without the inconvenience and relatively high cost of building an extension or even moving house. Our cabins provide the space you need for hobbies and crafts, a teenage den or a music room, with designs also having the option of incorporating a shower room and/or a bedroom for comfortable overnight stays.
Please note that adding a bed alters the planning status of your garden room, and we strongly recommend that you check whether Planning Permission or Building Regulations apply.
Convenient & efficient service
We do everything – plan, design and construct your garden room – quickly and cleanly. And we only need access through a space the size of a standard doorway. This means you can have one of our garden rooms on sites where other types of structures aren’t feasible.
Wide range of sizes and layouts
Our garden rooms are 12-30 m2 (130-323 sq.ft.). Simply decide how much extra space you need, and contact us. Our long experience has enabled us to produce a range of standard garden rooms that will satisfy virtually any requirements. We also offer a bespoke design service.
Prefer a contemporary look?
This website features our Norwegian Log garden rooms in classic Scandinavian design. Our Inovar range offers a different, distinctively contemporary, look and exciting new design options. Read more about Inovar and our unique I-Key joint, our major advance in log technology, Inovar Garden Rooms
'I needed more space for work and storage as my business grew, my spacious Norwegian Log home office provides the perfect answer.'
Nigel Dent - Consultant
'Norwegian Log gave us a great deal of time and support through the planning process, which was crucial to our success.'
Most frequently asked questions
Do I have to prepare my own base?
If you wish. We’ll provide a drawing and specification for the base when we receive your order. Or we can handle it for you. Our service includes providing a quotation for the base and associated works once we’ve inspected your site.
Do I need Planning Permission for a building in my garden?
In most cases, no, provided it satisfies all the criteria for Permitted Development. Outbuildings are considered to be permitted development, subject to the following conditions:
- The outbuilding is not to the side of a house on designated land (includes national parks and the Broads, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, conservation areas and World Heritage Sites). Note that outbuildings are permitted development within the grounds of a listed building.
- The outbuilding is not forward of the principle elevation of the original elevation of the house.
- The outbuilding and other additions must not exceed 50% of the total area of land around the original house. Sheds and all other outbuildings and extensions to the original house must be included when calculating this 50% limit.
- The outbuilding must not itself be separate, self-contained living accommodation.
- The outbuilding is single storey with a maximum eaves height of 2.5 m and a maximum overall height of 4 m with a dual pitch roof, or 3 m in any other case.
- If the building is within 2 m of the property boundary, the whole building must not exceed 2.5 m in height.
- Any veranda is no higher than 300 mm.
We strongly advise that you check with your local Planning Office before proceeding. If you want to avoid all planning issues, take a look at our Inovar garden buildings. They feature a different, distinctively contemporary, look, and fall within the 2.5 m height limit for planning close to boundaries. Read more about Inovar and our unique I-Key joint, our major advance in log technology, here.
Can you construct to my own design?
Provided the main component of the building is log, we can build a structure of almost any size within reason, and for a wide range of applications.
Visit our show building or speak to one of our experts
Contact us to make an appointment at our headquarters in Reading or discuss your requirements to find the building that's right for you.Click here