Privacy and comfort
Warm up and down with a stroll across your garden, and work out to your own music whenever you wish. And no subscriptions, no bookings, no strangers.
Low running costs
Effective natural insulation and draught-free construction keep running costs low, with your gym naturally cool in summer and cosy in winter.
As well as our traditional Scandinavian-style gyms, we now offer Inovar – a different, distinctively contemporary, look that opens up wholly new design opportunities.
Imagine having your own spacious home gym. No subscriptions, no travel, no booking. You can work out whenever you like, with your choice of music – or none at all. Exercise alone if you wish, or with friends. And when you have your own home gym, you’ll never have to exercise with strangers.
Low running costs
With sizes from 9-30 m2 (130-323 sq.ft.), our log buildings are ideal for complete home gyms, with shower facilities and even a spa. The high level of natural insulation helps keep running costs low, while the special interlocking construction means your garden gym is completely draught-free. Your garden gym will be cool in summer and cosy in winter, for sheer enjoyment and rewarding exercise all year round.
Prefer a contemporary look?
This website features our Norwegian Log garden gyms in classic Scandinavian design. Our Inovar range offers a different, distinctively contemporary, look and exciting new design options. Read more about Inovar and our unique I-Key joint, our major advance in log technology, Inovar Garden Rooms
Most frequently asked questions
Can I modify one of your standard designs?
We manufacture all our buildings individually, so we have extensive scope to customise the design to your special requirements.
Do I need Planning Permission for a building in my garden?
In most cases, no, provided it satisfies all the criteria for Permitted Development. Outbuildings are considered to be permitted development, subject to the following conditions:
- The outbuilding is not to the side of a house on designated land (includes national parks and the Broads, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, conservation areas and World Heritage Sites). Note that outbuildings are permitted development within the grounds of a listed building.
- The outbuilding is not forward of the principle elevation of the original elevation of the house.
- The outbuilding and other additions must not exceed 50% of the total area of land around the original house. Sheds and all other outbuildings and extensions to the original house must be included when calculating this 50% limit.
- The outbuilding must not itself be separate, self-contained living accommodation.
- The outbuilding is single storey with a maximum eaves height of 2.5 m and a maximum overall height of 4 m with a dual pitch roof, or 3 m in any other case.
- If the building is within 2 m of the property boundary, the whole building must not exceed 2.5 m in height.
- Any veranda is no higher than 300 mm.
We strongly advise that you check with your local Planning Office before proceeding. If you want to avoid all planning issues, take a look at our Inovar garden buildings. They feature a different, distinctively contemporary, look, and fall within the 2.5 m height limit for planning close to boundaries. Read more about Inovar and our unique I-Key joint, our major advance in log technology, here.
Do I have to prepare my own base?
If you wish. We’ll provide a drawing and specification for the base when we receive your order. Or we can handle it for you. Our service includes providing a quotation for the base and associated works once we’ve inspected your site.
Visit our show building or speak to one of our experts
Contact us to make an appointment at our headquarters in Reading or discuss your requirements to find the building that's right for you.Let's Get Fit