Norway is tops for happiness. We can second that
So, the happiest country in the world is Norway – and that is official. And also, no surprise to us!
A new report from the United Nations shows Norway is the happiest place on Earth. Denmark comes a close second and then Iceland, Switzerland, Finland, Netherlands, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and Sweden. The UK ranked 19th.
At Norwegian Log, we have been working closely with our Norwegian suppliers for the past 30 years:-
- Not only are they a happy bunch, they have a fantastic work ethic and great craftsmanship.
- Based near Trondheim, one of Norway’s most photogenic towns, our supplier is now in its third generation of family ownership. A leading log building manufacturer in its own right, it is a major supplier to the construction industry, which ensures consistent quality and availability. We have exclusive UK rights to this supplier and its highly computerised, modern equipment.
- All the design work for our traditional buildings is carried out at our head office in Reading, and we then hand over the manufacturing to our Norwegian colleagues knowing full well, the finished product will be top notch.
- Working alongside the Norwegians for so many years, gives you a good grasp of their culture and national spirit. The UN report shows that Norway has topped the table despite recent declines in oil prices, illustrating that happiness depends on much more than income. And we would agree.
- The outdoor life is very important to Norwegians and many of them share second homes with their larger family unit – log cabins of course!