Here are our essential tips on making your holiday log cabin rental photos 'shine' on Instagram
There’s no denying that the role that social media plays these days in marketing a holiday rental business can be huge.
Did you know that in 2018, 66% of us enjoyed a ‘staycation’ in the UK? That means that more people than ever remained in the UK for their breaks - as opposed to venturing abroad.
What’s more, today’s traveller researches everything online before making their booking.
A growing number of holiday log cabin owners are tapping into Instagram and setting up accounts to help market their businesses. And they’re spending time establishing a bank of strong images to show their past, present and future guests what their rental has to offer.
Holiday log cabin rental businesses can enjoy boosts to their bookings or even attract high-quality PR coverage opportunities if they manage their social media channels effectively and successfully.
It makes complete sense when you think about it. Most people will want to see a holiday rental (and the surrounding area) before they book a stay anywhere! Instagram provides potential customers with a ‘flavour’ of what staying somewhere might be like.
So, how your cabin looks to potential paying guests influences their decision to book more than you might think…
As Instagram is a platform entirely dedicated to imagery, it’s an ideal place to showcase hard-to-resist, dreamy, idyllic images of their properties; perhaps even some pretty scenes from the local area.
If you don’t have the budget to invest in regular professional photography shoots though, here are Norwegian Log’s essential tips on producing Instagram-worthy photos for your business account…
- Good photography is the single most important tool for effective advertising on Instagram. Your photos should entice holidaymakers to read more, so use high quality photos - and if you can afford to, hire a professional photographer.
Many businesses avoid using Instagram filters on their images where the photos are already high quality and ‘enticing’ enough, so don’t feel as though you need to tinker too much with the photos you want to upload. A great photo is a great photo.
- Make sure that you remember to take photos during all seasons. Log cabins can look stunning in the winter if there’s snow on the ground, and equally lovely in the summer when the sun is shining brightly.
- Ensure your cabin is looking its best by removing any clutter before you take your photos.
- Check you have enough natural light for your shots; a bright and airy cabin will be far more appealing than a dark and dingy one.
- Use different decorative props, furniture and textiles to project your cabin’s personality and design style. Some items can also convey a sense of cosiness, warmth and homeliness to your audience. If it looks like a comfortable stay for someone, it may lead to a booking!
- Consider using plants, bold colours or quirky items to bring your holiday home rental to life in your shots.
Find out more
To see one of our holiday cabins for yourself, or to start discussing your plans, please contact us to make an appointment with one of our experts.Book Appointment